We recently shared news that our client, Turknett Leadership Group, had begun accepting nominations for the 8th annual Leadership Character Awards. The Awards recognize Atlanta leaders who exemplify the highest standards of character and integrity.
It made me explore what other qualities a good leader possesses. Here are a few:
- A good listener. Working with a team means that you have to listen. Oftentimes, listening triggers solutions.
- Anticipates change. Great leaders have to anticipate change and respond to growth. For example, social media tools Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr have forever changed the way we communicate our brands to consumers. Great leaders must implement new strategies into their campaigns and keep the message fresh.
- Challenges and inspires others. A leader recognizes potential, helps colleagues harness their capabilities and grow.
- Builds great teams. No one has all the answers. Therefore, it is important to build a team that can help you strategically plan, and expand the elastic reach of your marketing view at every touchpoint. At EOS, we believe this group or effort is so important that we bought 25 square feet of porcelain white boards to use creatively when we collaborate with clients.
- Plans with the end in mind. Think about the last scene of your movie, then rewind. How do you want your Oscar winner to go? Always envision the end result.
There is still time to nominate someone for the Leadership Character Awards. Visit www.leadershipcharacter.com to learn more.