Spent the weekend with Mama. You know - the one who gave me life, taught that the days are long but the years are short, that laughter is the best medicine. She juggled multiple jobs with a breathtaking smile on her face. No matter how grey the outlook, she provided positive perspective.
So, as we pass Mother’s Day, let’s consider those little sayings moms share that help us look at the world through different prisms. Experience is, after all, the ultimate wealth.
- Life is more circumstance than pomp.
- A friend is a fellow who knows all about you and still likes you.
- Bloom where you are planted.
- Remember the little things. They add up.
- When you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember what you said.
- Lift as you climb - and never forget the boys in the back row.
- It’s not the big that eat the small, but the fast that eat the slow.
- Everyone is free to wear sunscreen.
- All great changes are preceded by chaos.
- Don’t let screen time erode family time.
- Look for blue skies.
The road will rise to meet you, no matter your circumstance, if you remember that in this world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.